ASINGAN—A man was arrested for allegedly burning the pavilion of the rest house of former Gov. Rafael Colet Thursdayafternoon in Barangay Ariston West here.
Caretakers of the house who were cleaning the compound said that they saw Eugen Panio, 36, resident of the barangay enter the property by climbing the front concrete fence and set fire on the pavilion made of lumber and cogon.
Panio allegedly used a lighter to start the fire and told them in Ilocano, “You can’t do anything anymore,” then immediately fled.
Earlier that day, the suspect was seen inside the compound and tried but failed to burn the rest of house.
The caretakers said they prevented Panio from coming back by threatening him.
After the arrest, the police brought the suspect to the Asingan Community Hospital for physical and medical examination.
A case for arson is being readied for filing damage to property estimated at P500,000.—Tita Roces
Back to Homepage
- April 9, 2016Alaminos’ 7th most wanted drug personality arrestedALAMINOS CITY -- The No. 7 most wanted drug personality in Alaminos City and his companion were arrested at the former's house in Barangay Lucap here during a police operation early […]
- April 16, 2017Gun-for-hire killed, companion nabbedURDANETA CITY—A member of a gun-for-hire group died while another was arrested in an armed encounter with policemen at around 12:45 a.m. of April 11 along Barangay Nancayasan this […]
- September 1, 2013Drug dealer arrested in RosalesROSALES--Another man fell in a drug buy-bust operation conducted by the police in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).
The suspect, identified as Roberto […]
- June 6, 2015PNP launch security awareness program in MangaldanMANGALDAN—A series of security awareness dialogue with banks and other financial institutions was recently launched to help them understand how they can protect themselves against criminal […]
- January 28, 2017Cash-strapped cop pawned PNP’s GlockA CASE OF MALVERSATION
A POLICEMAN in Bayambang town was placed under restriction and is under investigation for leasing his service firearm to a private individual.
P/Supt. Jackie […]