SAN CARLOS CITY—The 18-year old sister of the mayor here was found dead with a gunshot wound on her head inside their residence in Barangay Gamata Tuesday morning in what police probers believe to be a case of suicide.
Julie Mae Resuello, single, a nursing student at the Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation here, succumbed to a gunshot wound from caliber .22 pistol.
The fatality’s brother, Mayor Julier Resuello, told local newsmen that they have ruled out foul play in the incident but remain puzzled as to why his sister would kill herself.
No suicide note was found.
“We are clueless. She was a happy person and studious and after reviewing, she would play the guitar. She did not mention anything to me (about any problem),” Resuello said.
The mayor said his sister’s cellular phone, which she had in her hand when her body was discovered, could provide answers on why she ended her life.
She was found on the floor around 9:20 a.m. and was rushed to Virgen Milagrosa Hospital but was declared dead on arrival.—Tita Roces
Back to Homepage
- July 21, 2014Proud and happy to be Arhjessa…BAUTISTA--Her eyesight is gone but her future is looking good.
Twenty-three year old Arhjessa Espiritu’s optimism about the beauty of life never fades, even after she became […]
- April 7, 2013Delisting of San Carlos as “AOC” pleadedSAN CARLOS CITY—The re-electionist mayor here wants his city delisted as area of concern (AOC) because of the negative impression it creates about the city and its people.
“They always […]
- May 5, 2013Resuellos preparing stronger case on dad’s murderSAN CARLOS CITY—It’s not over until it’s over.
Thus said the Resuello family, six years after the gun slaying of their patriarch, then Mayor Julian Resuello, to indicate that the family […]
- June 16, 20142 suspects chargedMAYOR BALOLONG’S SLAY
Hunt on for mastermind
LINGAYEN—The Balolong murder is still not solved.
Even after two men have been arrested and charged for the brutal slaying of Urbiztondo […]
- June 2, 20145 schools allowed to hike tuition feesONLY five Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) in Pangasinan and five others in other parts of Region 1 have been given the nod so far by the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) to […]