A SUSPECTED drug pusher was killed in an encounter with the police at 4:15 p.m. on January 10 on Rizal Street in Dagupan City following a buy-bust operation.
The suspect, identified as RJ Pimentel alias “Tano” of Bonuan, tried to resist arrest after the buy-bust was concluded by drawing a hand gun, prompting policemen conducting the operation to shoot.
Pimentel suffered gunshot wounds in his body and was pronounced dead on the spot by responding personnel of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council and the City Health Office.—Dada Austria
Back to Homepage
- September 6, 2015DCPS: 132 drug pushers arrested in 8 monthsWAR VS. DRUGS
THE campaign against illegal drugs in Dagupan City has been proceeding without letup amid reports of increasing volume of shabu reaching the city as one of the major […]
- June 6, 2015PNP launch security awareness program in MangaldanMANGALDAN—A series of security awareness dialogue with banks and other financial institutions was recently launched to help them understand how they can protect themselves against criminal […]
- October 16, 2016Construction worker-pusher nabbedA CONSTRUCTION worker was among those arrested by the Dagupan police in recent weeks in a buy-bust operation along M.H. Del Pilar Street in front of the former Pantranco Terminal midnight […]
- April 21, 2012Drug dealer shot dead in Dagupan parkA BOTCHED illegal drugs transaction is believed to be the motive behind the slaying of a suspected drug dealer while he was walking at the Tondaligan Park in Bonuan Sunday night.
- April 27, 2015Pastor drowns while crossing Agno RiverSTA. MARIA---A pastor drowned when he attempted to cross the Agno River on foot in Barangay Sta. Rosa here before noon on April 17.
The fatality was identified as Leovigildo Alvaro, 55, […]