ELEMENTARY students aspiring to become journalists in the future joined the annual Division Schools Press Conference held at the Division Training Center of Dagupan City last week.
Representatives of at least 30 schools in the city listened to lectures from veteran members of the local media then competed in writing articles on news, editorial, feature and sports plus copy reading, headline writing and editorial cartooning.
The Division presscon also featured contests on scriptwriting, radio broadcasting, collaborative publishing and photojournalism.
“The two-day event aims to harness and hone the journalistic skills of the students which they could use in coming up with their school papers and in the national finals,” said Dr. Venus Estonilo, education program supervisor in the city.
This year’s theme was ‘Campus Journalism and Transformational Leadership.’
The top seven winners for every category will advance to the regional contest slated in December this year. (PIA1-Pangasinan/VHS)
Back to Homepage
- October 13, 2008Campus journalists prepare for press conference contestLINGAYEN--More than 1,000 high school campus journalists and school paper advisers participated in the three-day Division Training Workshop at the Pangasinan National High School (PNHS) […]
- February 17, 2013Schools Press Conference 2013 kicks offURDANETA City—The annual Regional Schools Press Conference kicked off on February 13 with a three-day campus journalism contest held here.
More than 4,600 budding student-writers from […]
- January 25, 2014Metrobank’s search for outstanding teachers onHAVE an excellent and dedicated teacher in mind?
Nominate them now for Metrobank Foundation’s (MBFI) 30th Search for Outstanding Teachers (SOT) this year.
The search, undertaken by […]
- September 25, 2016SEXY SILKA
SEXY SILKA -- The alluring contestants await the judges' decision during the swimsuit competition of Miss Silka Pangasinan at the CSI Atrium. Grand coronation will be on October 8, 2016 […]
- May 2, 2016DTI launches feature-writing contestHIGH school and college students in Pangasinan can now showcase their writing skills through the “Best Feature Story Contest” launched by the Department of Trade and Industry […]