TAYUG—A farmer, who was in a drinking session with six people, ended up killing himself last September 19 as he showed off his gun, pointed it to his head and accidentally fired.
The fatality was identified as Pepito Calica, 54, a resident of Purok 4, Barangay Panganiban here where he died.
Calica owned the pistol that killed him, a Norinco caliber 9mm.
Calica was brought by his drinking companions to the Eastern Pangasinan District Hospital here where he was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Police investigators recovered from the crime scene one fired cartridge shell of caliber 9mm firearm.
The fatality’s live-in partner surrendered the gun and the license to the responding officers. —Eva Visperas
Back to Homepage
- June 24, 2016Wife shot by drunk hubby, drinking buddyUMINGAN—A housewife was shot by her husband and his drinking buddy on June22 inside their residence in Barangay Carayungan Sur here. Whether it was accidental or not is still being […]
- June 30, 2012Tandem-riding armed men strike in UminganUMINGAN--Armed men riding in tandem on a motorcycle struck again, shooting a farmer in front of his brother in Barangay Esperanza here on the night of June 20.
The victim, Segundo […]
- February 25, 2017Barangay kagawad shot deadCALASIAO—A barangay kagawad (councilman) was shot dead by unidentified suspects riding in tandem on a motorcycle in Barangay Banaoang here on Feb. 20.
The fatality identified as […]
- October 16, 2016Castillo gang member killed in armed encounterLINGAYEN—A 34-year-old member of the Castillo Group, known for its notorious illegal drug trade and gun-for-hire activities in the province, was killed in an armed encounter here when the […]
- July 3, 2015Couple shot dead by HRITSAN QUINTIN –A couple was shot dead by unidentified hitmen-riding-in-tandem (HRIT) last Wednesday along Dipalo Bridge, Barangay Bantog here.
Killed were Lorenzo Ines, 51, farmer and his […]