LINGAYEN–Members of the Federation of Persons with Disabilities of Pangasinan (FPWDP) and students from Special Education (SPED) schools joined a forum on July 16, 2013 organized by the provincial government through the Provincial Social Welfare Office in observance of the National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Week (NDPRW).
Annabel Roque, the provincial focal person for PWDs Programs, said the event served as a SPED Provincial Convention with a forum on autism and a venue for the discussion of the Magna Carta for PWDs.
Roque said the focus of the province’s programs for the PWDs is economic development.
“We are going to put up a cooperative for PWDs in partnership with the Department of Education that will involve school chairs and furniture production” she said.
The province’s representatives to the pageant were Julie Austria (wheels), Divina Quinsay (signs), and Arjessa Espiritu (visions).–Johanne R. Macob
Back to Homepage
- November 9, 20133 Pangasinenses represent R1 in PWD pageantLINGAYEN--Three young Pangasinan women are representing Region I in the search for Miss Philippines on Wheels, Signs and Visions, a search celebrating the empowerment of women with […]
- March 30, 2014Children with autism enjoy Play DayCHILDREN with autism spectrum disorder enjoyed a Play Day organized by the Autism Society of the Philippines –Dagupan City chapter (ASPDCC) last March 29 at the Dagupan City National High […]
- January 25, 2014Metrobank’s search for outstanding teachers onHAVE an excellent and dedicated teacher in mind?
Nominate them now for Metrobank Foundation’s (MBFI) 30th Search for Outstanding Teachers (SOT) this year.
The search, undertaken by […]
- July 25, 2010500 join Pangasinan ParalympicsLINGAYEN--The first Provincial Paralympics was held at the Narciso Ramos Sports and Civic Center here last July 22 in conjunction with the 32nd National Disability Prevention and […]
- February 17, 2013SM City Rosales receives DSWD awardSM City Rosales was awarded by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Region 1 for its program helping persons with disabilities (PWD).
The award was given during […]