A RETIRED educator from Mangatarem received the 2012 UPAA (University of the Philippines Alumni Association) Distinguished Award in Culture and the Art for her lifetime work in promoting Philippine culture.
Dr. Cecilia Beltran Daranciang graduated from the UP College of Education where she was chosen one of the recipients of the Achievement Award given to 10 outstanding and world-renown graduates.
Daranciang is among the Who’s Who in education in the United States; a Mother of the Year awardee in Seattle, Washington; a renown lecturer of Philippine history and culture among different universities in the U.S.; and member and officer of some 20 international organizations.
She lectured on Philippine culture in the University of California Los Angeles, University of California Berkeley, University of San Francisco, Washington University and University of Chicago.
She organized rolling exhibits with her cultural artifacts and as a reward for her endeavor, she was hosted to a tour of the White House courtesy of then President Ronald Reagan and Washington Superintendent of Schools Dr. Steve Wilson.
Back to Homepage
- September 23, 2012Pangasinan daughter-in-law now LA consul generalBy Leonardo J. Galvez
LOS ANGELES, California -- Pangasinenses living in California will have a chance to meet in person their kabalayen who was recently appointed […]
- September 23, 2007San Carlos (PIEAS) High School Class ‘57 holds reunion
The graduates of High School Class 1957 of Pangasinan Institute of Education Arts and Sciences (now San Carlos College) in San Carlos City, held their Golden Anniversary Reunion in […]
- January 25, 20102010 MS. DAGUPAN OF SO. CALIFORNIA
2010 MS. DAGUPAN OF SO. CALIFORNIA--Proud parents, Mr. and Mrs. King and Prima Disimulacion, hand a floral bouquet to their daughter, Lyka, prior to her crowning as 2010 Ms. Dagupan […]
- February 26, 2006Aoanan is architects, engineers prexy in U.S.VIRGILIO C. Aoanan, son of former Dagupan City Councilor Mariano G. Aoanan, has been elected President of the Association of Asian-American Architects and Engineers of Southern California […]
- December 7, 2013Balikbayan couple gives back to public schoolsTHEY are both product of public schools, and both attended a local college where they met and became a couple. They consider themselves blessed and their success in their profession as […]