MAPANDAN–A heated altercation between two men in Barangay Luyan here led to a shooting that left one man dead.
The fatality was identified as Jose Soriano, 52, of Barangay Luyan, who was shot to death by one Reynaldo Dulay of the same place.
The police gathered that the two men engaged in a heated altercation due to a misunderstanding at about 7:30 a.m., May 30.
The two grappled for possession of a 12-gauge shotgun that accidentally went off, hitting the left side of the body of Soriano that caused his instantaneous death.
Dulay voluntarily surrendered to Luyan Barangay Chairman Pablo Agustin, who subsequently turned him over to the Mapandan police.
Back to Homepage
- August 3, 2013Man with gun in drinking session arrestedALAMINOS CITY—A man was arrested by the police for poking a handgun while having a drinking session with a group of men in Barangay Palamis here at around 8:45 p.m. of August 1.
- February 20, 2016Businessman shot to deathLINGAYEN— A 60-year-old businessman in Urdaneta City was shot to death at about 1 p.m. of February 13, 2016.
The victim identified as Teofilo Malapitan was shot by still unidentified […]
- March 30, 2014Malasiqui mayor’s bodyguard shot deadMALASIQUI—A bodyguard of the mayor here was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon while at a neighbor’s house in Barangay Polong Norte.
The fatality was identified as Allan Boquiren, a […]
- June 23, 2013Drug pusher shot dead inside jeepneyDAGUPAN CITY--A suspected notorious drug pusher was killed while he was on board a jeepney in Barangay Bonuan Gueset here at 8:00 p.m. of June 18.
Police investigators said the shooting […]
- April 30, 2017Two unidentified suspected pushers found deadURDANETA CITY---Two dead men suspected to be drug personalities were found in Barangay Catablan this city on April 27.
P/Superintendent Neil Miro, officer-in-charge at the city police […]