SAN JACINTO—A suspected drug pusher was gunned down by still unidentified hitmen riding in tandem on a motorcycle while he was inside the public plaza here at 12:10 p.m. last May 23.
The fatality was identified as Almario Aoanan, 26, of Barangay Pag-asa, who sustained gunshot wounds in the chest and head and died on the spot.
Aoanan was sitting on a bench inside the plaza when the back rider of a motorcycle that stopped nearby walked towards him victim and opened fire at close range.
After the victim fell, the suspect casually walked back to the motorcycle and the driver zoomed out of the plaza.
Police Investigators who rushed to the scene of the crime recovered three spent shells and one deformed slug of Caliber 45 pistol, a lighter, a cigarette pack containing two sachets of shabu and P55 cash.
The motive for the slaying was not immediately known although policemen theorized it may have stemmed from a botched deal on shabu.
Back to Homepage
- June 30, 2012Tandem-riding armed men strike in UminganUMINGAN--Armed men riding in tandem on a motorcycle struck again, shooting a farmer in front of his brother in Barangay Esperanza here on the night of June 20.
The victim, Segundo […]
- July 2, 20162 farmers shot dead in San JacintoSAN JACINTO--A father and son were shot dead by two unidentified armed men riding in tandem on a motorcycle while they were transporting rice from their farm along the road in Barangay […]
- March 11, 2017Principal killed by armed men riding in tandemSAN CARLOS CITY -- Armed men riding in tandem struck in San Carlos City in broad daylight killing a school principal along the highway in Sitio Silapan, Barangay Bolingit, San Carlos […]
- April 23, 2017One dies, the other woundedGUN DUEL OVER A GRUDGE
SAN CARLOS CITY—Two men who were in the middle of a drinking spree with mutual friends in a birthday party last April 16 in Barangay Ano ended up in a gun duel […]
- June 6, 2015PNP launch security awareness program in MangaldanMANGALDAN—A series of security awareness dialogue with banks and other financial institutions was recently launched to help them understand how they can protect themselves against criminal […]