DAGUPAN CITY—The chief tanod of Barangay Pogo Grande, Dagupan City was arrested and booked for murder after he shot a man in their village last April 30.
Renato Tolentino, who was under the influence of liquor, is now under police custody after he shot Rodrigo Salazar.
The victim was rushed to the Trauma Specialist Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Police investigation showed that Tolentino challenged Salazar to a fist fight and tried to enter his residence. Salazar prevented Tolentino, prompting the latter the shoot the victim using a handgun of unknown caliber.
A case for murder is now being readied against the suspect.
Back to Homepage
- September 8, 2013PAG member arrestedURDANETA CITY— A member of a private armed group (PAG) who was in the watchlist of the Pangasinan Provincial Police Office (PPPO) was arrested in the evening of September 4, […]
- February 25, 2017Barangay kagawad shot deadCALASIAO—A barangay kagawad (councilman) was shot dead by unidentified suspects riding in tandem on a motorcycle in Barangay Banaoang here on Feb. 20.
The fatality identified as […]
- April 16, 2017Gun-for-hire killed, companion nabbedURDANETA CITY—A member of a gun-for-hire group died while another was arrested in an armed encounter with policemen at around 12:45 a.m. of April 11 along Barangay Nancayasan this […]
- February 6, 2016Jail officer kills one, wounds 6 othersURDANETA CITY—A murder case was filed against a jail officer of Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) here after he shot and killed his alleged intended target and wounded six […]
- November 15, 2015Suspected tandem criminals shot deadLINGAYEN— Two suspected motorcycle-riding hitmen were shot dead in an armed encounter with the police at 1 a.m. of November 9, 2015 in Urdaneta City.
Julius Velasco from Binmaley and […]