THE National Collegiate Games of the Private Schools Athletic Association (PRISAA) is set on April 8-14 in Zamboanga City with 19 team and individual sports events lined up.
Region I athletes, majority of whom are from Pangasinan and Dagupan City, are aiming to amass medals that will improve their ranking which had been between 5th to 7th in the past three years.
Region I will compete in twelve events, namely: athletics, basketball, boxing, volleyball, beach volleyball, sepak takraw, badminton, dance sports, chess, table tennis, karatedo, and taekwondo.
Some 4,000 athletes and officials representing 14 regions throughout the country are expected to participate in the annual sports competitions.
The formal opening of the games is on April 9 at the Joaquin Enriquez Memorial Sports Complex with Vice-President Jejomar Binay as guest of honor. –Philamer C. Celi
Back to Homepage
- December 19, 2011PRISAA Games set April 22-28 in Cebu, BoholPRISAA (Private Schools Athletic Association) Region I athletes, most of whom are from Pangasinan and Dagupan City, have intensified their training in preparation for the PRISAA National […]
- May 4, 2014Traditional games, skimboarding are Pista’y Dayat hitsLINGAYEN—The beach here in the capital town was abuzz with parlor games and sporting fun, both old and new, as the province celebrated its annual Pista'y Dayat (Sea Festival).
On April […]
- February 13, 2011PRISAA games moved to Zamboanga, April 10-16THE venue and date for the 2011 PRISAA National Collegiate Games has been moved to Zamboanga City on April 10-16.
This change was welcomed by the PRISAA Region I delegation -- composed […]
- September 14, 2014Batang Pinoy elims on September 27-28Lingayen --- Hundreds of Pangasinense athletes -- 15 years old and below – will again vie for dominance in 19 sporting events when the two-day Batang Pinoy Pangasinan Elimination Games […]
- June 2, 2012PRISAA Region 1 prepares for national gamesA SPORTS program that includes regular competitions has been set by PRISAA (Private Schools Athletic Association) Region 1 for the academic year 2012-2013 to help prepare college […]