STO. TOMAS—It’s corn-grilling time again in Sto. Tomas!
This year, 102 grill pads will be lined up along the town’s main street to celebrate the municipality’s 102nd Foundation Day on Feb. 10, and 6,120 sweet corn ears will be barbecued to relive its Guinness World Record for Longest Grill, won two years ago.
Mayor Vivien Villar said this year’s celebration will be simple yet memorable as it keeps the memory of their world record alive.
Other activities for the fiesta include a motorcade and a thanksgiving Mass. Wreaths will also be laid before the statue of national hero Jose Rizal; the bust of the late Don Antonio Villar Sr., one of this town’s most prominent sons who served as town mayor, vice-governor, congressman and assemblyman; and Don Ernesting Gonzales, a philanthropist here who donated lots where many government structures were built.#
Back to Homepage
- February 2, 2009Sto. Tomas to relive victory with 101 grillsAFTER GUINESS WORLD RECORD IN 2008
STO. TOMAS—This town will relive its Guinness World Records’ Longest Barbecue achievement last year by holding “101 grills” on February 10 as part of […]
- March 30, 2014CORN ON THE GRILL
CORN ON THE GRILL—Sto. Tomas, a small town known for its corn produce, celebrates its 106th Founding Anniversary on March 24 with a 200-meter grill for its top agricultural product, […]
- March 19, 2017Sto. Tomas bids for two more Guinness recordsSTO. TOMAS—After successfully clinching a world record for longest barbecue in the prestigious Guinness World Records (GWR) in 2008, this town is gearing up for two more records, the […]
- October 7, 2008Sto. Tomas unveils white corn monument for Guinness recordSTO. TOMAS--The giant white corn monument, built as a tribute to the town's Guinness World Record for longest barbecue grill early this year, was unveiled on October 2.
- January 27, 2008A NEW CORN RECIPE
A NEW CORN RECIPE--One of the contenders during the elimination round of the 100 ways to cook corn cookfest in Sto. Tomas last January 23 has her hands full as she prepares her […]