THE first drug treatment and rehabilitation center in Northern Luzon is set to open in Dagupan City next month to cater to drug patients from Pangasinan and the adjacent provinces.
Dr. Elmer Punzalan, assistant secretary for special concerns of the Department of Health, announced this when he visited the facility on Saturday.
Construction work is now in the final stages.
The facility, a drug treatment and rehabilitation hospital, will be an extension of the Region 1 Medical Center headed by Dr. Roland Mejia and under the supervision of Regional Health Director Eduardo Janairo.
Punzalan said the center will be a big boon to the region as drug rehabilitation patients no longer have to be brought all the way to Manila for treatment.
The center, occupying a four-hectare area at the abandoned Dona Teodora Manaois Hospital, will treat both outpatients and in-patients.
The construction of the facility’s P40 million administrative building is being bankrolled by the Priority Development Assistant Fund (PDAF) of Rep. Jose de Venecia Jr.
Another P40 million is underway to finance the construction of the center’s dormitories and recreational facilities.–LM
Back to Homepage
- December 11, 2011DRUG REHAB CENTER
DRUG REHAB CENTER--Former House Speaker Jose de Venecia Jr., assisted by his wife, Fourth District Rep. Gina de Venecia, and Department of Health Secretary Elmer Punzalan, cuts […]
- August 31, 2009Drug rehab center opens in Dagupan soonDAGUPAN CITY will soon have its own drug rehabilitation center to be operated by the Region 1 Medical Center of the Department of Health.
R1MC Chief Dr. Roland Mejia said the rehab […]
- October 23, 2011DDB turns over P6M for drug rehab centerTHE Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) has turned over P6 million to the Region 1 Medical Center last week for the construction of the dormitory and recreational facilities of the Treatment and […]
- December 11, 2011Drug rehab center ready for outpatientsTHE Region 1 Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Center in Barangay Bonuan Binloc in Dagupan partially opened on December 2 and is now ready to treat outpatients.
Undersecretary Elmer […]
- February 22, 2015Dagupan Drug Rehab Center opens Feb. 26ALL eyes will be in Dagupan when the Dagupan Treatment and Rehab Center (DTRC) located in Barangay Bonuan Binloc, will be opened on Feb. 26 this year.
The inauguration of the edifice […]