SAN FERNANDO CITY–The National Food Authority (NFA) branch in western Pangasinan leads in the procurement of palay throughout the Ilocos Region as of September this year with a buying price pegged at P17 per kilogram.
Early harvests in Mangatarem and adjacent towns accounted for 62.5 percent of the total palay procurement for the region.
The NFA has also been giving farmers and farmers’ organizations a fertilizer incentive of P1,800 for a minimum delivery of 50 bags to the any of the buying stations in the region, i.e., Ilocos Norte (2), Ilocos Sur (6), La Union (4) , eastern Pangasinan (9), western Pangasinan (7) and Abra (2).
NFA Regional Director Joseph de la Cruz said palay procurement started in September with a total of 102,543 bags from individual farmers and farmers’ organizations, exceeding the region’s target of 96,300 bags for the month.
The target for October is 241,600 bags.
A total of P3.24 million in fertilizer incentive was released by NFA in September to 114 individual farmers.—LM
- November 24, 2008NFA finally exceeds target palay inventory SAN FERNANDO CITY--Bountiful palay harvests in Ilocos Region led the National Food Authority (NFA) to purchase more than it targeted for October.
According to NFA Regional Director […]
- August 12, 2007Imported rice expected to stabilize supply in province
LINGAYEN--Ample rice supply in the province has been assured following the importation of rice from Vietnam to augment provincial warehouse stock.
According to George Terrado, […]
- June 14, 2009NFA sets up 32 buying stationsTo facilitate buying of palay from farmers, the National Food Authority (NFA) has 32 more stationary buying stations in Pangasinan to procure palay from farmers.
The NFA is buying […]
- June 7, 2015NFA rice stock for lean months readyTHE National Food Authority (NFA) has a buffer stock of at least 169, 452 bags of rice in time for the lean months that will start July 1, the normal start of the rainy season.
- October 6, 2013NFA set to buy palay with incentivesFARMERS can now sell their harvest from the main cropping season to the National Food Authority (NFA) Western Pangasinan Branch.
NFA has set up four buying stations and trucks will be […]